Tuesday, September 8, 2009

5 steps to self-actualization

"Every human action, whether it has become positive or negative, must depend on motivation."

-- Dalai Lama

Monitoring what motivates me has helped me see how I am growing. I do things for different reasons now than I did 10 years ago. As we pay ongoing attention to our motives, we can see how both our conscious and unconscious attitudes are changing.

Here are some ways that our motives can shift with rising consciousness:

- I desire
- I want to collect things
- I want to know
- I want to serve
- I want to be

What are your motives as you participate in life?

"There are three kinds of people and three kinds of richness:
- people who want to have, to collect
- people who want action, work and labor
- people who want to be
The real richness is in be-ness. People can take all that you have, all that you collected. People can stop your labor, or an accident can stop you. When you are, you never lose what you are."

-- Torkom Saraydarian

"You are what you think. You are what you go for. You are what you do!"

-- Bob Richards

"A good intention clothes itself with power."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment